I always book the flight with reputed travel websites but my wife found this onetravel site offering lowerest cost tickets. I was happy that I was able to get the best possible

price for the ticket to India. My itinerary was as given below:

Chicago - Vienna (Austria) - New Delhi (India) - Austrian Airline

New Delhi - Frankfurt(Germany) - Dusseldof (Germany) - New Delhi(India) - Lufthansa

While everything went fine and my travel from US to India was uneventful.

The problem came when I went to airport for catching my return flight. At the checkin counter I got a shock as airline was not allowing me to fly as they informed me that

I need an intransit visa. As I live in Indianapolis I had made further travel plan from Chicago to Indianapolis like booking the hotel and car based on this return date.

Now I contacted onetravel and they were not ready to take any responsibility for not informing about this visa requirement at the time I was booking my flight. First I would not

expect to see any itinerary that involves a visa when my intention is not visit that country. If at all that was shown, I expect them to show clearly on the details of the flight that it would need a visa. Apart from the mental trauma that I gone through I suffered financially - I had to pay full cost of return ticket ranging in $800 and also I lost money in my hotel/taxi bookings.

I am sad to see the irresponsibleness of the company.

Review about: Onetravel Flight Booking.

Comments

Reply To: Common Sense

Us department of state shows the list of coutries where visa is required it doesnt show whether an intransit visa is required for travel. I booked the flight through the same country withough having to get the VISA.

It was that specific itinerary that required an intransit visa.

Moreover you would not realize in what circumstances I had booked the flight. I had a medical emergency back home when I booked.

Dont you think its responsibility of travel site to show the VISA requirement in ticket details. Even small travel websites explicitly show this requirement.

The us state department lists visa requirements for every country. Was your mental trauma caused by you slamming your head against the wall or when you were on the floor kicking and screaming?

to Common sense #839963

Dont you think it was responsibility of the site to atleast show the requirement in details.

And more over do you realize the the situation that I was in, when I was making this booking. It was a medical emergency that required me to travel.

to singhkushal #839965

Even smaller travel booking sites show this in red.

to Common sense #839966

It shows Visa requirement for countries but it wont show whether you need an intransit visa- smart common sense. I travelled through the same country without getting the visa it was only that specific itinerary that required visa.

to Common sense #839968

It was that specific itinerary that required an intransit visa.