Additional Fees
Insurance Quality

I wish I had read those reviews before rushing booking my flight through One Travel. I am in Kingston, Ontario, need to flight to Vancouver on Nov 9 for a conference.

I looked for cheaper tickets and googled "cheap flight ticket". At first I went into a Canadian based website and found that the lowest price for a round trip was above $1,200 (CAD). I looked at another website, the tickets were prices in US dollar and the price exchanged in Canadian dollars. Then I saw this One Travel website, the ticket was $950 plus tax.

I was went in step by step, and selected the tickets with appropriate departure times and dates, then the website had a recommendation of $10 travel protection--not charge for change of flight, flight cancellation, bla bla. I checked this item, and then came to the final price page, and found that the Travel Protection was $68.50. I hesitated for a few minutes and decided to take it in case. I input my credit card number and completed the purchase.

Then I printed out the ticket, only to find that the time for return date was wrong--I meant to take the flight at 8:00 pm in Vancouver, but the ticket was 8:00 am. I immediately called One Travel and asked to correct the time. The customer service on the phone said that I had to pay $24 for changing or revising time. I said I just completed the purchase 2 minutes ago and I had purchased the Travel Protect.

That guy said, with strong Indian accent, that the charge was for post booking service. I asked him: is any change of flight or cancellation of flight called post booking service because they all happen after booking a ticket? What is the sense that your company recommend Travel Protection? That guy seemed didn't understand or just didn't want to listen, but keeping saying that it was post booking service.

I have never experienced such as tricky, sneaky company that set traps to grab money.

Today when I checked my credit card account, I was shocked at the number that One Travel took from my credit card-- I realised that the price they put on website was in US dollars. I looked at my ticket again and found that at the very end of it there is a small print saying that the quote was in US dollars. Again I was very angry at One Travel's shady, sneaky, and cheating service. I just cannot find a human language to describe how bad and insulting experience I had with the One Travel.

It is one of the most shameless website and business I have ever known in my life. I definitely will never touch One Travel and will warn all my friends not to use it.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of terrible customer service and bait and switch discount promo code. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of protection plan. OneTravel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned protection plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OneTravel.

Comments