Additional Fees
Insurance Quality

I wish I had read those reviews before rushing booking my flight through One Travel. I am in Kingston, Ontario, need to flight to Vancouver on Nov 9 for a conference.

I looked for cheaper tickets and googled "cheap flight ticket". At first I went into a Canadian based website and found that the lowest price for a round trip was above $1,200 (CAD). I looked at another website, the tickets were prices in US dollar and the price exchanged in Canadian dollars. Then I saw this One Travel website, the ticket was $950 plus tax.

I was went in step by step, and selected the tickets with appropriate departure times and dates, then the website had a recommendation of $10 travel protection--not charge for change of flight, flight cancellation, bla bla. I checked this item, and then came to the final price page, and found that the Travel Protection was $68.50. I hesitated for a few minutes and decided to take it in case. I input my credit card number and completed the purchase.

Then I printed out the ticket, only to find that the time for return date was wrong--I meant to take the flight at 8:00 pm in Vancouver, but the ticket was 8:00 am. I immediately called One Travel and asked to correct the time. The customer service on the phone said that I had to pay $24 for changing or revising time. I said I just completed the purchase 2 minutes ago and I had purchased the Travel Protect.

That guy said, with strong Indian accent, that the charge was for post booking service. I asked him: is any change of flight or cancellation of flight called post booking service because they all happen after booking a ticket? What is the sense that your company recommend Travel Protection? That guy seemed didn't understand or just didn't want to listen, but keeping saying that it was post booking service.

I have never experienced such as tricky, sneaky company that set traps to grab money.

Today when I checked my credit card account, I was shocked at the number that One Travel took from my credit card-- I realised that the price they put on website was in US dollars. I looked at my ticket again and found that at the very end of it there is a small print saying that the quote was in US dollars. Again I was very angry at One Travel's shady, sneaky, and cheating service. I just cannot find a human language to describe how bad and insulting experience I had with the One Travel.

It is one of the most shameless website and business I have ever known in my life. I definitely will never touch One Travel and will warn all my friends not to use it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Terrible customer service, Bait and switch discount promo code, Hidden charge, Misleading information on its website.

Comments