Onetravel - “Not always affordable, but if you cancel - watch out (you'll get a Double random rate)!”
OneTravel are so unprofessional, and all they are looking for is to hide as much information as possible, yet, overcharge - which dont' make any sense. They are senseless, and without heart.
I barely understand people who I talked to. They talk so fast, I couldn't understand what they say. I asked them to slow speak, with no availability. They hung up the phone on me, after I told them that I'll put the Air New Zealand on the phone. 3 Times they did it. They said that Air New Zealand charges some fees, but Air NewZealand declined, and wanted to get on the phone with OneTravel. One Travel agency employees refused to stay on the phone (we don't conference in with airline companies, they said). Lies, Lies, Lies.
I purchased Cancellation Insurance ($80 or so), not being sured of my timeline exactly - you buy a Cancellation Insurance to ensure you get all your investment back, should you change your mind for any reasons. They said that I can't do that unless in case of a death, medical urgency, etc. That is ridiculous. They lied when buying the insurance that there is a 100% cancellation fee. Machiavelli practice to get our money, but not commit to the objective of the service. So when I go to cancel my flight because I was about to lose my job, they mentioned that I would only get a refund if it was within 24 hours. Otherwise it would have to be an emergency in order to cancel, although they hide it away, not even providing a link next to it to look further into the rules about getting this. All it says is: Coverage Includes: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.
They forced me to use Air NewZealand. I did - and I wanted to shop another ticket after 2 months from initial cancellation (for which they gave me a credit of $1,178.16). I couldn't use this credit, because they wanted to charge me additional 600-700. I refused to give them that money, and I purchased the ticket directly from Air NewZealand for $1,001. What a shame on OneTravel. Air NewZealand told me that there is no way they would charge $1,800 for a ticket from Phoenix, AZ to Sydney, Australia for my dates and under my booking/cancelling condition with OneTravel. They mentioned that OneTravel has their own practices, and I should reach out to them to get the credit back. That money - 1178 is now in OneTravel's hands, and they will not want to refund it to me, at all.
They decided to tell me that my new ticket is 1800 ($200 charged by the airlines to make the change - Air NewZealand declined this option), and I had to add $600 from my pocket, on top of the 1178. Come on guys, this is really a rippedoff practice. These Indians are sneaky and want to walk all over their customers in order to get money. Never again will I book with these people and I will recommend that none of my friends do either. And I am going to leave this review on any site that allows me to because they are awful.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad attitudes
- Horrible cancellation policy
- No refunds
- Ticket cancellation 200 usd fees plus other hidden fees
- Reason of review:
- Shady Cancellation Policy; Huge Hidden Charges to reuse Credit (unrealistic)
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I just returned from the Costa Rica Coast to Coast to Coast with EF Tours. This tour was overall a terrible experience. The horrible accommodations..."
- "I recently purchased a ticket on the one travel website. I went and booked the ticket because on the pricing and purchasing flow chart, it stated that there were..."
- "Web site said "Act fast: Only 3 tickets left at this price". I didn't believe and didn't care... I still bought two tickets for $631 each. Out of curiosity, I..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "bought my dress, it came looking nothing like i asked it was see through. I could see my butt crack and the bra cups it was cheap material and looked..."
- "So, back late last year my dad had started talking about wanting to get a security system installed. In January my mother came across an ad from ADT for..."