Onetravel - “Not always affordable, but if you cancel - watch out (you'll get a Double random rate)!”
OneTravel are so unprofessional, and all they are looking for is to hide as much information as possible, yet, overcharge - which dont' make any sense. They are senseless, and without heart.
I barely understand people who I talked to. They talk so fast, I couldn't understand what they say. I asked them to slow speak, with no availability. They hung up the phone on me, after I told them that I'll put the Air New Zealand on the phone. 3 Times they did it. They said that Air New Zealand charges some fees, but Air NewZealand declined, and wanted to get on the phone with OneTravel. One Travel agency employees refused to stay on the phone (we don't conference in with airline companies, they said). Lies, Lies, Lies.
I purchased Cancellation Insurance ($80 or so), not being sured of my timeline exactly - you buy a Cancellation Insurance to ensure you get all your investment back, should you change your mind for any reasons. They said that I can't do that unless in case of a death, medical urgency, etc. That is ridiculous. They lied when buying the insurance that there is a 100% cancellation fee. Machiavelli practice to get our money, but not commit to the objective of the service. So when I go to cancel my flight because I was about to lose my job, they mentioned that I would only get a refund if it was within 24 hours. Otherwise it would have to be an emergency in order to cancel, although they hide it away, not even providing a link next to it to look further into the rules about getting this. All it says is: Coverage Includes: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.
They forced me to use Air NewZealand. I did - and I wanted to shop another ticket after 2 months from initial cancellation (for which they gave me a credit of $1,178.16). I couldn't use this credit, because they wanted to charge me additional 600-700. I refused to give them that money, and I purchased the ticket directly from Air NewZealand for $1,001. What a shame on OneTravel. Air NewZealand told me that there is no way they would charge $1,800 for a ticket from Phoenix, AZ to Sydney, Australia for my dates and under my booking/cancelling condition with OneTravel. They mentioned that OneTravel has their own practices, and I should reach out to them to get the credit back. That money - 1178 is now in OneTravel's hands, and they will not want to refund it to me, at all.
They decided to tell me that my new ticket is 1800 ($200 charged by the airlines to make the change - Air NewZealand declined this option), and I had to add $600 from my pocket, on top of the 1178. Come on guys, this is really a rippedoff practice. These Indians are sneaky and want to walk all over their customers in order to get money. Never again will I book with these people and I will recommend that none of my friends do either. And I am going to leave this review on any site that allows me to because they are awful.
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad attitudes
- Horrible cancellation policy
- No refunds
- Ticket cancellation 200 usd fees plus other hidden fees
- Reason of review:
- Shady Cancellation Policy; Huge Hidden Charges to reuse Credit (unrealistic)
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Think twice b4 booking. I had my bookings confirmed.. With airlines booking number. But the next morning when I woke up..I was greeted with an email saying that the Airline did not..."
- "I am a stay at home Mom with no income (still mind-boggling that they were able to get approval for me without any income). I got involved with this..."
- "This was my Wife and I's first time flying international and to Mexico. Upon landing, headed through Mexico customs which wasn't a problem at all, be sure to fill out..."
- "Wow! I wish I read this before wishing for an LV bag. My husband surprised me with this bag for christmas. I used it for less than hour but decided..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "These are supposed to be two Mexican pizzas. We went to the Taco Bell drive through at 43rd ave. and Bell rd. in Phoenix, AZ. August 24th..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."