Phoenix, Arizona
100% full Not resolved
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

DO NOT BUY THROUGH ONETRAVEL IF YOU KNOW YOU MIGHT NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TICKET. YOU'LL ENDUP PAYING DOUBLE IN THEIR HIDDEN FEES (BESIDES THE $200 PENALTY FEES).

OneTravel are so unprofessional, and all they are looking for is to hide as much information as possible, yet, overcharge - which dont' make any sense. They are senseless, and without heart.

I barely understand people who I talked to. They talk so fast, I couldn't understand what they say. I asked them to slow speak, with no availability. They hung up the phone on me, after I told them that I'll put the Air New Zealand on the phone. 3 Times they did it. They said that Air New Zealand charges some fees, but Air NewZealand declined, and wanted to get on the phone with OneTravel. One Travel agency employees refused to stay on the phone (we don't conference in with airline companies, they said). Lies, Lies, Lies.

I purchased Cancellation Insurance ($80 or so), not being sured of my timeline exactly - you buy a Cancellation Insurance to ensure you get all your investment back, should you change your mind for any reasons. They said that I can't do that unless in case of a death, medical urgency, etc. That is ridiculous. They lied when buying the insurance that there is a 100% cancellation fee. Machiavelli practice to get our money, but not commit to the objective of the service. So when I go to cancel my flight because I was about to lose my job, they mentioned that I would only get a refund if it was within 24 hours. Otherwise it would have to be an emergency in order to cancel, although they hide it away, not even providing a link next to it to look further into the rules about getting this. All it says is: Coverage Includes: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay.

They forced me to use Air NewZealand (so they wouldn't allow me ue another airline company). I did it - and I wanted to shop another ticket after 2 months from initial cancellation (for which they gave me a credit of $1,178.16). I couldn't use this credit, because they wanted to charge me additional $600-$700. I refused to give them that money, and I purchased the ticket directly from Air NewZealand for $1,001. What a shame on OneTravel.

Air NewZealand told me that there is no way they would charge $1,800 for a ticket from Phoenix, AZ to Sydney, Australia for my dates and under my booking/cancelling condition with OneTravel. They mentioned that OneTravel has their own practices, and I should reach out to them to get the credit back. That money - 1178 is now in OneTravel's hands, and they will not want to refund it to me, at all.

They decided to tell me that my new ticket is 1800 ($200 charged by the airlines to make the change - Air NewZealand declined this option), and I had to add $600 from my pocket, on top of the 1178. Come on guys, this is really a rippedoff practice. These Indians are sneaky and want to walk all over their customers in order to get money. Never again will I book with these people and I will recommend that none of my friends do either.

I spent 8-10 hours on the phone, by calling OneTravel, OneTravel Insurance in the US (Seven Corners), and Air NewZealand. OneTravel hung up the phone so many times, but I insisted to get them commit to their service. They didn't. I ended up leaving the credit on my OneTravel profile, and using my own money with Air NewZealand.

Review about: Onetravel Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Difficulty getting refund, Very dishonest, Misleading about insurance, Cancellation penalty 200 bucks plus hidden cost, Credit for cancelling is useless due to undisclosed hidden fees.

Had an Experience with Onetravel?

Comments

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1240571

Very true what you say!, Its a rip off!. Onetavel Sucks!