Like every review I have read, my experience was unsavory.I was booking travel to assist my sister following an amputation surgery.
When I hung up the phone, I was pleased. My first impression was that my agent was helpful, the rate I received seemed fare for the requests I made... Until I looked at my email and bank account the following morning. It was then that I realized that I was charged twice and I had two separate reservation numbers.
Thinking it was nothing more than an honest mistake, I called One Travel on my drive to work and spoke with Mickey who also seemed to resolve my issue and concern, cancelling the duplicate reservation and processing for a refund. I was pleased enough with this interaction that I inquired about the availability of an earlier flight on the date of my departure. Mickey located one and offered it for an additional $45 which I initially declined saying it was not worth $45 to me to leave a few hours earlier. He lowered the offer to $25 and I figured, why not and accepted.
I received my duplicated reservation cancellation confirmation via email and my updated reservation confirmation and figured that I was good to go. I had received these items while driving and had not looked closely at them until later. The following morning, looking more closely at the documents I'd received, I realized that my name was spelled incorrectly on the reservation although it was spelled correctly EVERYWHERE else. Being at work, I sent this information through the on-line customer service contact form.
I received an email response telling me that to resolve the issue, the ticket would have to be cancelled and reissued at an $81 charge to me and that I had to confirm it within 2 hours of receipt of the email. I replied demanding to speak to a rep and decided to call them on my own. I spoke with Arika who put me on hold upon hearing my concerns. When she returned, she was defensive and had begun pointing fingers, placing blame on me that it was somehow my fault to have the issue.
I immediately told her she was too jumpy and I did not appreciate it. She put me on hold again and we were disconnected. She did call me back, however, and told me that she spoke to 2 different people at American and that there would be no problem with my name being misspelled on my ticket, and that I may just be subject to additional screening through TSA. As you can see from the screenshots of the attached e-mails, that seems to contradict the actual facts.
This morning, I checked my bank account again. (I do this out of normal habit at least once per day) I noticed a THIRD charge. Attempts to reach One Travel have not been successful so I have initiated charge disputes with my bank while I continue to waste my time chasing these idiots and filing out paperwork to get my own money back.
This is the first and last time that I ever look outside of Travelocity or the airline directly for airfare and travel arrangements.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Price fraud
- Reason of review:
- Customer Service, Payment and order processing issues
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Onetravel Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bought ticket online through OneTravel and the ticket did not mention anything about baggage except a link with generic information regarding flights' baggage inclusion. I thought of trusting this site..."
- "At first I thought the deal was too good to be true, but there was absolutely no false advertising! You get exactly what you see on bookvip.com and no hidden..."
- "Villa Del Palmar is a fabulous resort with an amazing and friendly staff. The various restaurants have great quality food along with fantastic pricing. Their wood fire pizza is sooo..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Well what can I say this house is a money pit. First off I was told that house may have high radon but not that bad. Chernobyl plant didn't rate..."
- "Just can't believe you had such a bad experience. We almost didn't make the purchase because of your review but decided to and it was terrific. Absolutely perfect..."
- "In past, Kay Builders sent me a review invitation from birdeye.com which I gave but they did not publish it. I wonder why? Because I was truthful about my experience?..."