Like every review I have read, my experience was unsavory.I was booking travel to assist my sister following an amputation surgery.
When I hung up the phone, I was pleased. My first impression was that my agent was helpful, the rate I received seemed fare for the requests I made... Until I looked at my email and bank account the following morning. It was then that I realized that I was charged twice and I had two separate reservation numbers.
Thinking it was nothing more than an honest mistake, I called One Travel on my drive to work and spoke with Mickey who also seemed to resolve my issue and concern, cancelling the duplicate reservation and processing for a refund. I was pleased enough with this interaction that I inquired about the availability of an earlier flight on the date of my departure. Mickey located one and offered it for an additional $45 which I initially declined saying it was not worth $45 to me to leave a few hours earlier. He lowered the offer to $25 and I figured, why not and accepted.
I received my duplicated reservation cancellation confirmation via email and my updated reservation confirmation and figured that I was good to go. I had received these items while driving and had not looked closely at them until later. The following morning, looking more closely at the documents I'd received, I realized that my name was spelled incorrectly on the reservation although it was spelled correctly EVERYWHERE else. Being at work, I sent this information through the on-line customer service contact form.
I received an email response telling me that to resolve the issue, the ticket would have to be cancelled and reissued at an $81 charge to me and that I had to confirm it within 2 hours of receipt of the email. I replied demanding to speak to a rep and decided to call them on my own. I spoke with Arika who put me on hold upon hearing my concerns. When she returned, she was defensive and had begun pointing fingers, placing blame on me that it was somehow my fault to have the issue.
I immediately told her she was too jumpy and I did not appreciate it. She put me on hold again and we were disconnected. She did call me back, however, and told me that she spoke to 2 different people at American and that there would be no problem with my name being misspelled on my ticket, and that I may just be subject to additional screening through TSA. As you can see from the screenshots of the attached e-mails, that seems to contradict the actual facts.
This morning, I checked my bank account again. (I do this out of normal habit at least once per day) I noticed a THIRD charge. Attempts to reach One Travel have not been successful so I have initiated charge disputes with my bank while I continue to waste my time chasing these idiots and filing out paperwork to get my own money back.
This is the first and last time that I ever look outside of Travelocity or the airline directly for airfare and travel arrangements.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Price fraud
- Reason of review:
- Customer Service, Payment and order processing issues
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Onetravel Flight Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Our vacation at experience at Secrets Guanacoste in Costa Rica..."
- "Villa Del Palmar is a fabulous resort with an amazing and friendly staff. The various restaurants have great quality food along with fantastic pricing. Their wood fire pizza is sooo..."
- "This was well worth it. The trip was awesome and we lived like a king for a week!..."
- "My home is only 6 years old, and so far I've had to do a complete roof replacement (Tamko 3 Tab, read reviews and you'll see why), and the tile..."
- "I was a patient under my insurance Atena and had a workers comp claim. Both times, Dean Kevin Ziegler charged my insurance for procedures he didn't do. I had a..."
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."